Tuesday, August 14, 2012

WYOMING - Yellowstone National Park - day 1

August 9 Thursday Our first day in Yellowstone!  2.2 millions acres of wonder!  We don't think our pictures or words do it justice, but here are some pictures we took on our first day in the park.

Cowboy rounding up horses on our way to Yellowstone

Beryl Hot Springs

Artist Paint Pots





Road winding through rock formations

Lower Mammoth Springs
Upper Mammoth Springs
Upper Mammoth Springs

Upper Mammoth Springs ( Elephant formation)


North Entrance to Yellowstone



View entering from North Entrance
Petrified Tree
Highest point on the park roads
Entering Grand Canyon of Yellowstone

View from North Rim of Grand Canyon
View from South Rim
South Rim view
View from the South Rim into the Canyon

1 comment:

  1. Still with you on your trip from my little chair in my living room. What a fantastic trip. Your blog is the best and the humor makes me giggle. What memories you are going to have. We finally had a day of rain yesterday. It has been all around us in scattered storms but we haven't been the recipient. Have two black Angus calves I'm feeding and one of my hens hatch three babies. I put her in a special pen so I can see how she raises them. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete